In order to enable 2FA in your account, you'll need an authenticator app (e.g. Google Authenticator or Microsoft Authenticator), in which a random 6-digit code is generated. After downloading the app, please follow the instruction below (you can also download the app during these steps):
- in the mobile app — go to "Account" > "Settings" and press "Two-Factor Authentication"
in the web version — log into your account and go to "Settings" > "Two-Factor Authentication" (https://currency.com/trading/platform/settings?tab=twoFASettings)
- press "Get the 2FA app", download Google Authenticator and press "I have the app" after downloading
- in Google Authenticator press "+" in the bottom right corner, choose "Scan your QR code" and point the phone's camera at the QR code on your computer (or type the code manually — make sure to set the type of the key as "Time-based")
- in order to be able to restore 2FA in the future, we recommend saving securely the secret key or the QR code. After saving it, you can press "Next/I have backed up my key"
- in Google Authenticator a line with the name "Currency.com (email)" will be added — code from this line must be input in the "Code" field