The safest way to sign a message with a private key is to use a wallet that already has this feature. Examples of such cryptowallets are shown below:
- open "Wallet" > "Private keys" > "Export";
- open "Tools" > "Sign/Verify message";
- type the message and wallet's address, press "Sign".
- log into the Coinomi app;
- select the BCH wallet;
- click the button in the upper right corner > "Sign/Verify message";
- enter the address with which you need to sign the message > "Sign".
- go to the MyEtherWallet website;
- click "Access my wallet";
- go to the MyEtherWallet app and click "Advanced features" > "Connect to MEW web";
- scan the QR code on the website;
- click the button in the top right corner of the website > "Message" > "Sign Message"
- enter the message you want to sign > "Sign".
- go to the Trezor website;
- attach your deviceо;
- click "Sign & Verify";
- choose the address with which you need to sign the message and input the message to sign;
- click "Sign".
In order to clarify which message to input when signing a message with a private key, you should contact us at email@example.com.
After successfully signing a message, please send the exact text of the message (including spaces and punctuation marks) and the signature (the long string of symbols that you received after clicking the "Sign" button).
The message signing functionality is not available for all cryptowallets/platforms. Please contact your wallet's customer support to clarify if it supports such functionality.
When transferring a private key from one app to another, please make sure that you are transferring it to a trusted and reliable service as there is a high risk of fraudulent activities.